AND THE WINNERS ARE …
PURPOSE: To recognize companies or individuals which have made a difference in a chosen field, either through a specific marketing campaign or an overall strategy, in the digital travel space in 2012.
• Recognising an individual marketer or company who embodies the ethos of WIT
• Creative, witty, respected, credibility, cutting edge
• An editorial choice
Winner of WITovation 2012 Unplugged Plus
Marketer of the Year – Kathleen Tan, Group Commercial Head, AirAsia
• The company which has made the most awesome use of social media to tell a story, engage with the customer to improve service, increase loyalty and improve revenues.
Lead Judge: Carl Griffith, Principal, Cloud View
Winner of WITovation 2012 Uber Social
AsiaRooms.com – “The Right Room” Campaign
• The company which has most brilliantly used the mobile device to engage with customers, whether pre-trip, in-destination or post-trip, and to inform, inspire and transact.
Lead Judge: Brett Henry, Vice President Marketing & Vice President India, Abacus International
Winner of WITovation 2012 Absolute Mobile
TripAdvisor – TripAdvisor City Guides
The company that has most successfully carved out a niche so special and deep, told its story well online, engaged well with its customers and delivered an outstanding experience
Lead Judge: Rod Cuthbert, CEO, Rome2Rio
Judging Panel: Jens Uwe Parkitny, Vice President Digital Marketing & Distribution, Accor Asia Pacific; Robbie Cooke, CEO, Wotif Group; Richard Powell, Head of Content, Bartlie Bogle Hegarty (BBH Group)
Winner of WITovation 2012 True Specialist
AGORA Hospitalities – Agora Place Asakusa
The company that most understands the changing needs of the new customer and puts customer experience and customer service at the core of what it does
Lead Judge: Siva Ganeshanandan, Director Digital Marketing Suite, Adobe Systems, APAC
Judging Panel: Stephan Ekbergh, CEO, Travelstart, South Africa; Alan Fairnington, Managing Partner, Duxton Consulting Group; Timothy O’Neil-Dunne, Managing Partner, T2Impact
Winner of WITovation 2012 Pure Customer
W Singapore - “Night Casting”
CRITERIA – what the judges looked for:
1. Medium/Media – a clear demonstration of great use of the medium (or media) in the chosen category – for example, in mobile, it is the use of a mobile device.
2. The Message – what was the message and how well was it delivered?
3. Creativity – in concept, execution and delivery
4. Connection – it’s not about being cool for cool’s sake but how well did it connect with the intended audience? What tangible results/metrics did it achieve?
5. The X Factor – a specificity that is unique to each category
HOW TO ENTER (NOMINATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED)
Winners will be selected by our panel of judges and be given a presentation slot to share their story at the WIT Conference. The judges’ decision is final.
WITOVATION AWARDS 2011 WINNERS
• Customer Lover: AirAsia
• Mobile Mover: Cleartrip, India
• Social Groover: Accor Australia
• Groove Specialista: Ibis Bencoolen, Singapore
• Groovy Marketer: House of Travel, New Zealand
Check out story on winners here